onsdag 30. juli 2008

Campagnolo thumb-shifters

Now I have the choice between Bullet grip-shifters and thumbshifters, both NOS. Neither are Record OR-specific, rather they were used also on the other Campy ATB grouppos - Euclid, Centaur, Olympus - so for a Record OR build we are free to chose between these two.

If weight is a concern, the thumbshifters are the definite choice.

Concerning user-friendliness, the front thumbshifter is said to be hard to operate, while the Bullet shifters use the whole grip surface to shift, which can cause accidental shifts.

The MBA-build has thumbshifters, and I personally think thumbshifters make for a more era-specific and clean/non-bulky look, so I might go for that.

- MTBR review

1 kommentar:

OLD-METAL sa...

If you are not using the Campagnolo Thumbies,..please sell them to me to put on my Yo Eddy ;)

cheers Bas